Forum OpenACS Development: Source code on github

Collapse
Posted by Keith Paskett on
I see the OpenACS core and other packages on github, however the contribute page on openacs.org still has instructions for CVS.

I assume that CVS is the official repository and github is being synchronized. Is that correct? If so, will the github repositories be kept up-to-date?

We have made quite a few modifications to core packages for our installations. I'm hoping that a switch to git will make it easier for us to track upstream changes.

Collapse
2: Re: Source code on github (response to 1)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Hi Keith,

The official repository of OpenACS is still the CVS repository at openacs.org, but it is mirrored at a daily basis to github. The openacs github mirror can be used for tracking changes (with a maximum one day time lag). i've updated the state openacs-on-git on [1].

We are at our university currently in the process of updating all packages to new versions. Our acs-core is pretty new, but many application packages are still on 5.2 and substantially modified. In this process, we are rebasing the code from our own git repo to a structure based on the github history to ease future updates (Héctor is doing this work).

all the best
-gn

[1] https://openacs.org/xowiki/git_migration