Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Semantic Search in OpenACS

Collapse
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
You can try it all with docker, including the food hunter reviews that I populated in xowiki and you can search them already.

I forgot to mention that content is indexed both in pgvector-driver and pgembedding-driver and you can switch between the two in the demo by changing the new VectorDriver parameter of the search package (patch available in git repo). So, you can compare the results for yourselves.

That said, there's no point polishing these packages further until there is some sort of response from the community on where they want to take this. All the code is available in the aforementioned git repositories. Once I have some feedback, I'll improve them.

My time is limited as well starting next week as I'll be back to work but the OpenACS packages (pgvector-driver & pgembedding-driver) and tbert (the C-based module for vector embeddings) are in good shape and so I can make any kind of small changes or improvements to them based on the feedback I receive.

I'll switch to multi-factor authentication now in the hope that I can provide a proof of concept in the next couple of days.